Monday, March 29, 2010

Tuesdays with Morrie [sort of...]


Tuesdays with Morrie is one of my favorite books, and believe it or not, I'm not an avid reader [or maybe i'm just one of the few who actually admits it] - so for me to read a book a second time, there has to be something very special about it. For those of you who are not familiar with the book, it's a story of the relationship between an elderly professor [Morrie], a former student from nearly 20yrs back and the time they spent, the lessons exchanged, and the tuesdays they shared... in Morries last days.

The past few days I've been caring for "My Seniors", Edgar [11] and Zowie [15]... I usually write in a journal or sketch odd little pictures while visiting with them, today I decided to take a book, Tuesdays with Morrie... and then it dawned on my how fitting of a selection I'd chosen [except for the fact that these pups still have incredible health!]. I've only been sitting for them about 4 or 5 months... but these two have already left a huge impression on my heart. It's hard to accurately explain.

This was my last morning with them, until work calls and their dad leaves town again. I remembered that my camera was in the car... grabbed it, played around with some settings that I don't normally use, and with a little help from iPhotos editing features, this is what my little canon cranked out:















this last one is my favorite...