Today was one of the longest work days I've had in awhile [8am - 8pm]... Every break that I get is generally spent at home hugging, kissing & walking pups - every now and then i get the "pleeeeease take me with you" face from one of my own dogs - today it was Tilden. This dog will make you melt.
First stop was Loki... a 7 month old brick house of a pit bull puppy who lives with two chihuahuas and was THRILLED to have big dog company! Lots of jumps, licks, snaps & side swipes... which my boy handled like a pro, and I finally got an excellent walk with the both of them.
Next was Madison & Sadie aka The Golden Girls... Tilden loves them. All three walked together great [i'm going to pat myself on the back here for controlling 3 retractable leashes], sat patiently when i was on clean up duty, passed several other dogs just fine, and gently greeted a couple of toddlers who were out walking with their grandparents. People watched and were impressed... as was I. The girls are always well behaved, but I was very proud of Tilden.
I was nervous about our next stop, as Tilden has never met this group of dogs before... and when I say group I mean: 3 Jack Russells, 2 Boston Terriers, and an Italian Greyhound. The energy was high, to say the least... but Tilden, was a star!!
Found myself needing a pick me up - hellooooo Peet's. While ordering I noticed a woman and her small dog standing aside my car. I was afraid that Tilden would start barking if he hadnt already but when I went out and asked I was told "No, not a peep, I didn't even know he was back there". Wow Tilden! I had to pinch myself.
Final stop was with Edgar and Zowie, my seniors. Tilden is so respectful of them... I'm always amazed at how well he's able to read other dogs and adjust himself accordingly. He knows that Zowie doesnt want to be bothered with him, and he knows that Edgar is fragile [Edgar doesnt even know he's fragile, ha!]
So all in all... Long day... but well worth it! I love when I'm able to incorporate Tildens socialization and training with work.
Happy Halloween, Happy Fall... Happy Autumn!

