Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Goodmorning Ladies...
"...unfortunately that's not a dog bath, please keep them out of the fountain...........thank you"
How grateful I am, now we can all rest assured that Cal State Northridge campus patrol are doing their jobs :)
This morning was great - who knew that one could have so much fun before noon. Tilden and I got up at 6:30am this morning to meet with our dog walking buddy Sally and her German Shepherd Molly... I believe I've mentioned them before. Instead of doing the usual loop around Lake Balboa, I met Sally at her house and we decided to cruise the CSUN campus... hence my introductory quote! I will point out however that we were given a farewell compliment of "beautiful animals"... works for me!! The walk was nice and the campus was much different then I remembered it back in 1999. There is a lovely koi pond there... although I didn't notice any koi... but I was able to spare 2 quarters for the food dispenser so that we could feed the ducks & turtles.
After that we headed back to the house where the dogs had the time of their lives running [and chasing and peeing, lol] all over Sallys backyard - and Tilden was even lucky enough to be allowed in the pool... he LOVES water. Thanks again Sally!!
This weekend, for the first time, I'll be "sitting" for doves, pigeons, and chickens.... way to add feathered friends to my resume!
10am was my goal to head over and walk Kingo... I was running a little behind, so Tilden came with. Kingo is so good and non confrontational with other dogs that I didn't worry about the two of them at all. They got on very well. While walking, nature called, and of course I was armed and ready with a poop bag... Well to my surprise I was "interrupted" [in an OK way] by a guy riding past on his bike... he's a writer... and told me of the website Writers Almanac... said I'd find this mornings poem-of-the-day quite interesting, even humorous.
here it is...
Cleaning up after the Dog
by Jason Tandon
Pull plastic bag from pocket
and wave it like a flag
or diploma. Make sure many people
congratulate your care
for the community.
Check bag for holes.
Double check.
Inspect stool for odd hues.
Greens, blues, blood.
Evaluate consistency.
You don't want to leave smears
on the sidewalk or grass—no prints.
Getaway must be clean.
Prepare to go in for all of it.
Hold breath.
Grab, clamp, reverse bag, twist, knot, cinch.
Smell hands.
Hold loaded bag high in the air,
assure onlookers that Everything is Okay.
If a cop should cruise by,
his crew cut bristling
in the sun,
hold that bag higher,
so he, too, can salute
your contribution.
The bomb diffused,
the world a little safer, a little cleaner,
will not offend the deep treads
of someone's shoes.
funny indeed. thank you tarzana onlooker & good luck with your writing career.

