Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Oh Oliver...


For those of you who don't know, Oliver is the resident tortoise over in these parts. This is my 3rd year having him and over the last year he's been completely free range. The dogs & cat don't mind him... nor is he phased by them in the slightest. Well occasionally we "lose" Oliver. And I put lose in quotes because I always know that he's at least on the premises and that sooner or later he'll emerge for food. Lately I've been finding him on the dog beds. Never too sure what to think of it, but it always makes me giggle.

Fast forward to this morning. I noticed Gia pacing the living room and letting out her infamous deep whine [moan I guess?] all while carrying around her little basketball [she always grabs a toy when she's excited or frustrated]. She was doing everything to avoid her bed even tho I'd told her twice to go lay down. She finally figured out a way AROUND her issue [after several minutes mind you] and when I arose - I noticed WHY she was so disgruntled and unable to get comfortable.

Oliver had pooped [an extremely messy poop no less] right on her bed!!! My poor girl!!



...and the culprit himself, having since moved and hiding behind the door...